Help! I’ve spilled my wine!
Wine spills can be hard to clean up, and we’ve all done it – knocked over a glass at a friends house, or spilled your glass trying to juggle the TV remote! Here are Cleanway Edinburgh’s tips for dealing with wine spillages when they happen!
• Blot up excess liquid.
• Combine equal parts hydrogen peroxide and liquid dish soap in a bowl and sponge the mixture over the stain.
• Let stand for a minute or two to pre-soak.
• Blot the stained area with a towel until the stain is gone.
• Launder as usual.
• Follow the same steps above, but use a mixture of 1 tablespoon dish soap, 1 tablespoon white vinegar, and 2 cups warm water.
• You can also use white wine as a stain remover for red wine!
• Pour a small amount over the stain and blot as much as possible.
• Then treat with a normal pre-treat wash and launder as usual.
• Blot with a clean cloth and remove as much wine as possible.
• Pour a small amount of water and blot again.
• Make a baking soda paste of 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water and apply directly to stain.
• Allow it to dry and then vacuum it up.
• You can then treat with a regular carpet stain remover, following the product’s instructions.
• Pour a small amount of white wine over the stain to bring the color out.
• Blot with a clean cloth.
• Use a mixture of warm water and mild detergent and blot with a sponge.
• Once the stain is gone, rinse by sponging with cool water and blotting dry.
Leave a Comment